Cleaning your car’s windshield is an important element of vehicle maintenance. It is necessary not only for safety but also for aesthetic reasons.
Even advanced drivers need to pay more attention to cleaning the glass after a windshield replacement or auto glass repair. They think the new windshield is already clean and shiny. However, the inside of the windshield tends to accumulate dirt, dust, and other debris.
When a windshield gets too dirty, visibility can be severely impaired, leading to dangerous driving conditions. On the opposite, keeping your windshield clean from the inside ensures that you have the best visibility while driving, and it also helps reduce the build-up of dirt and grime on the glass while maintaining the highest quality.
Cleaning your car’s inside windshield can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! With this easy guide from our North Coast Auto Glass team, you’ll learn how to clean the inside of your car’s windshield in no time.
Basic Cleaning Supplies for Car Windshields
Before we explain how to clean an inside car windshield properly, let’s discuss the quality materials you need.
You will need a few simple goods that are common in most homes, such as
- Cloths or paper towels
- Warm water
- Mild soap
- Glass cleaner
Make sure not to use any cleaning solution that contains ammonia or vinegar on your car’s windows, as these ingredients can damage the sealant around your windows and leave streaks behind.
Steps for Cleaning the Inside of a Car’s Windshield
Now that you know what supplies to clean your car’s inside windshield, let’s discuss how to do it correctly.
- Start by vacuuming the inside of your car’s windshield fog and remove dirt and dust particles. This will help reduce the chances of scratching or damaging the glass during cleaning.
- Mix a soap and water solution in a bowl, or use an auto-glass cleaner.
- Dip a clean, damp microfiber cloth into the solution and gently scrub the inside of the windshield. Make sure to clean the edges well, as they are often the dirtiest parts.
- Wipe the window with a dry microfiber cloth to remove any remaining soap.
- Finally, use a glass cleaner of your choice and apply it to the inside of the windshield with a clean, dry microfiber cloth. This will help to remove any remaining marks or smudges and leave your car’s windshield sparkling clean.
With these easy steps in mind, you can keep your inside car windows crystal clear! Regularly cleaning both sides of all windows in your vehicle will help ensure maximum visibility while driving and maintain that showroom shine when parked at home or work.
Get More Window Care Tips at North Coast Auto Glass
Need help replacing, repairing, or cleaning your auto glass? North Coast Auto Glass has you covered. Our knowledgeable and experienced team can answer any questions you have about how to care for your car’s windows.
We offer a full range of auto glass repair and replacement services, so you can count on us to provide the best solutions for all your vehicle needs.
Promotions and discounts are also available on windshield replacement for Ford f-150 from 1994 – 2001, Toyota Tacoma from 1996 – 2004, and Ford Ranger from 1994 – 2004
Contact us today, get started with an estimate, or request a free quote online.